Wednesday 20 May 2009

Idea in a box


I have so much stuff on my plate lately, and honestly concentrating on one thing is not an option. So this whole project is taking quite a long time to develop properly.

From drawers to boxes.

So first about a complete unit with different compartments representing each idea, like a dresser with loads of drawers.

Now I am thinking about a box per idea. There is a unit divided in parts, a box with compartments. Each idea is unique and is triggered for different reasons, and most of all personal, intimate...is the way
my brain functions.

I dont want to put the obvious in the box, I want to give room to interpretation, making it unique. Though I do have to define certain things I will be documenting about myself, a journal written by my actions and reactions.

Roughly this are the thing i would be mapping:

- In which mundane situation the idea popped, and what the situation involved (ex. taking a shower with cherry scented soap)
- Hair loss
- Hours spent in front of the TV: xbox, movies, series
- Map of location, coordenates
- Caffeine intake
- Sugar intake
- Places visited
- State of mind, any personal issues? problems? missing something/someone? etc.
- Sleeping pattern

Must be noted that other things will be mapped if they are revelant to the project and some other things of the list above might be discarded.

Most of my project have a very personal side to it and the aim of each box is to express that interwined with the process of my brain.

I will attempt to do one box for friday

It is me
It is personal
It is odd
Its is in fact how ideas evolve in body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment