Tuesday 12 May 2009

My brain is a bottomless pit


So I'm back, after spending a few days monitoring my brain.

Imagine a line of Christmas lights, a mesh even.

Every bulb of the mesh of Christmas light is a thought, idea, memory, information, experience. So when I start with my mundane activity, I encounter that my brain is pitch black. Like say, your bedroom in the middle of the night with the blinds shut. One knows it is their bedroom and there are things in it...your computer, bed, lamp, book, clothes and chest of drawers. But you cannot see it because there is no light on.

So i know my brain is there and that it contains information, I just cannot 'grasp' it.

I start doing the dishes and things start lighting up, probably because of the scent of the washing liquid. Or just because, thoughts that are floating in my brain at the moment become visible. Most of the time they dont have an evident connection with one another. But they fit in place because of the amount of information i got stored in my brain. Be it personal experiences and thing i have read or done.

Now come to think to it, its like the html code of a web page. Part of it make sense, there are words we recognize 'copy' 'font' 'url' etc. Our brain plays the role of the program that process the code into a more consice, evident and easy way to recognize it, and make sense out of it. So we can be able to 'see' the idea clearly.

After all this time I spent monitoring my brain, which has proved to be quite a challenge. I have an idea how I can go on and build up a final piece related to this process.

So where do ideas come from when I brush my teeth?

This mundane situations just help us to clear our brain. Like to start writing on a clean whiteboard or start a new hunt in our brain with a torch.

Next step is developing a final piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment